Tuesday, November 10

So happy to be show free for a few months...






We had three great shows, but I can't tell you how happy I am that they are over now. I have spent the last two days working on putting the shop back together and getting the trailer unloaded. I'll be there all day tomorrow and all day Thursday and then I'm taking off for a few days. Next week I have promised my house a bit of my time. It's a wreck! We haven't eaten at the kitchen table in about four weeks... imagine that!
The last show we did was in Rock Island for Melting Pot Productions Antique Spectacular last weekend. I didn't sell as much as I wanted to (I never do... I want to sell it all so I can go shopping again!), but I did have a good show. I have to figure out how to work a bunch of stuff into an already packed shop. So far I've got most of the furniture in, but haven't even started on the boxes of small stuff and linens. That is tomorrow and Thursday's work. I'm actually looking forward to it. I've got a really nice selection in my inventory right now and am hopeful for the Christmas season. I wish more people would realize that a gift from an antique store is unique and welcomed. Our local "community development group" is sponsoring a "Postcards for Santa" campaign this season so people can come in the shop and fill out a "wish list" to be sent to their special someone. I think it is a fantastic idea. I'm hopeful that it will help to get a few more shoppers in the store for Christmas.
Once I get the shop in order I'll get some more pictures on here. If you see anything you want info about, just give me a shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment