Friday, March 11

Rediscovered art and beauty...

I am a girl with a frame and print problem. I have hundreds of each and I bought a bunch more just Wednesday... my husband doesn't get it, but all of them deserve to be given a new chance at life. The frames come to life again with the paper and glass and a little TLC and the print is so vulnerable without the protection of the frame. I have magazine covers and scrapbook pages that someone long ago found worthy enough of saving... I feel a compulsion to help them. I especially love the ones that are a bit rough around the edges... frames and prints. They tell a story all their own... I hope you enjoy them...
A few of my framing projects from the last few days... most of them on the right side of the display are relating to little boys, many with a fishing theme... the ones on the right are dedicated to the ladies...
Wonderful old ad for Cosmos from a seed catalog... I repainted the frame and it turned out great... wonderful colors. Love the little girl with the "loving wishes" sign, too ...
Sweet little girl with her bunny toy... the frame is missing almost all of its original silver paint... love it!
This is an unusual bunny print... you can't see it in the photo, but it has some sort of Asian symbol or signature in the lower right hand corner... great orange accent color...
This is one of my favorites... a little girl at the beach... it's a print taken from a Mother Goose book... "Seaside"... I used the little pottery basket in front as a sand pail with the little red shovel... so sweet... the little creamy frame has a wonderful little blue border...

Did I mention that I love putting prints and frames together. I could lose myself for hours in my framing studio... in fact... I did just yesterday. Bobby texted me sometime after 5pm and asked if I was working late... I lost all track of time and was sad to have to leave my projects.

1 comment:

  1. the prints and frames look fabulous. you have such a good eye for those kind of things. MEGA talent love them.
    LOVE YA GINGER

    ReplyDelete