Wednesday, March 3

Time to load up the trailer tomorrow... Rock Island Antique Spectacular this weekend!!!




We've been feverishly working to get ready for our show this weekend. I'm really getting excited about it. We did the show in Anamosa in January, but I have a pretty small booth there and it is hard to "show my stuff". Rock Island is a bit different. I have a big booth and love to set up little room settings. I don't have as much in upholstered furniture that I would like to take, as my couch and chair that won't seem to sell have already been there.
I'm planning a nursery display and have lots of vintage baby clothing, knick knacks, prints, blankets, dolls, bonnets and other toys that I can't wait to play with. I painted a baby blue wardrobe that I got just last Sunday and we wainscotted the sides. I think it will be adorable all decked out for a nursery. Bob painted another little cupboard today that is turning out so cute... it was a homemade gun cabinet that someone started trying to strip... it just needed paint, not stripped. We took out the insides, added shelves and a divided glass front on the door and it is so sweet... only a little over a foot wide, about five feet tall and has a great little storage drawer at the bottom. I'm so eager to do a display in it. We are painting it magnolia white, so it could be used in just about any room... the perfect little display case!!!
I'm just about exhausted, so I'm heading up to be for tonight. I'll try to get a few more pictures on tomorrow.
Come see me in Rock Island!!!

1 comment:

  1. Heym thanks so much for lending me that rack- it worked really great! Your repurpose had me laughing...only in Iowa...from gun cabinet to shabby white display cabinet :)

    ReplyDelete