Monday, December 21

Trio of Treasures!



I couldn't believe my luck when I found this little stuffed doll! She has the most angelic little face and has her original tag. She is a music box, but she got wound a little too tight somewhere along the line as she just clicks when I turn the base. I had a similar doll in pink {pictured below} that was not a music box. I had her in the shop FOREVER and she sold about a month ago... bummer, I would have loved to have had the pair of them. I will certainly have to keep this little sweetheart for a while. She's just so, well, "Polly"!





This old bear is a true gem. I just want to sit and listen to all the stories he could tell. He has obviously been well loved by all of his previous owners and I must admit... I priced him so that he and I might have a chance to get to know each other better. I'm still trying to decide if there might be a place for him to hang out at my house. For now, he'll greet you when you walk in the door at the shop. I'm smitten with him!





This Santa is so sweet. He stand about 30" tall and was screaming for me to take him home. His beard is starting to crumble a bit {I wonder if I couldn't try hairspraying it?} but he still has a lot of life left in him. As a kid we had one of these a couple feet taller when my parents ran our local grocery store. My dad says it was from the 60's and was part of a 7-up promotion. When my sister walked into the shop the other day, she instantly was drawn to this Santa and said "Why is he so familiar?" She and another sister came over tonight and dad told us that we indeed did have one of these growing up. Happy memories...




My dad and two of my sisters came over tonight. My dad had brought a batch of homemade caramel corn with him to the shop for our open house last week and we all went ga ga over it. I invited them all over for dinner and asked him if he would show us how to make it. Well, four hours later, we have these three HUGE bowls of homemade caramel corn to show for our labors. I was pouring the caramel over the popcorn on the first batch and bumped my arm into a wooden spoon full of some very HOT caramel. I couldn't drop the pan, so I just stood there going "hot, hot, hot!" My sister grabbed a towel to at least wipe the boiling semi-liquid off. I have a nice little blister on my arm, but it will be just fine. Well worth it! It is sooooo yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie!
    I want to wish you, and your Darling Family, The Most Beautiful Christmas, and The Best New Year, Yet!
    I have tried to get to see you, but seem to be running everywhere...Know I think of you so often, and we Will Get Together Soon!!!
    Love,
    Barb C

    ReplyDelete