Thursday, April 7

Ready for the Collector's Eye...vintage wallpapered bins and more

Yesterday was a really fun day for me. Normally I work every day with my honey and we get a lot accomplished, but all day long I have to listed to country music and have someone who is constantly keeping me on task and needing to be kept on task... Bob worked with my brother on a project yesterday and it left me to myself... doesn't happen all that often, but I LOVED it (just for a day is enough without him with me, though). These were a few of my many projects that I got done yesterday.

I acquired these vintage calf milk powder cartons and decided to use some of the old wallpaper I've had for years and see what I could do. It's an easy project if you aren't a perfectionist... thankfully I am NOT! There are many wrinkles and bubbles, but they don't bother me a bit.

Step 1 - supplies...

Step 2 - do the work...
Step 3 - stand back and say YES!...
My favorite is the floral one, of course. I wish I had other paper that would have worked going sideways... most of it was very one directional. The stripes are fun, too. I think the two that are rather plain may see some decoupage before all is said and done. Great storage and could even be used as an end table with a piece of glass on top... somewhere in that mess we call a garage, I have a piece or two of that glass... off to find it...
Oh yea... I painted the screen and put the panels on it yesterday, too... made some pillows, mended some tablecloths, priced some goodies for the show... ... ... ... ... ...

My goal at the shop to day is to fill all these boxes with my greatest stuff to take to the show... any requests??? ;0)




See you at the show... Midwest Antique & Art Show and The Colletor's Eye... this Sunday, April 10th from 10am-4pm at the Hawkeye Downs main building on 6th Street SW in Cedar Rapids... BE THERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment